Without a doubt, Italian food is one of my favorites! When I saw this amazing looking recipe, I knew I had to whip this one up as soon as possible, because my imagination was tasting all of its flavors just by looking at the pics on halfbakedharvest.com. The actual name of the dish is called “Dad’s Friday Night Pasta,” and although I recreated it on a Saturday night, I’d say it’s still winner!
If you love pasta, cheese, and pepperoni like I do and of course I can’t forget my favorite…olives; you are sure to love this dish as much as I did! I removed only a couple of the ingredients that wasn’t to my liking. See what I used below:
Preparation Time: 15 minutes (I was slow)
Cook Time: 50 minutes
1/3 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon dried dill
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper (or to your liking)
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup kalamata olives, halved
1/3 cup oil packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained of excess oil
15 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
2-3 red bell peppers, sliced
1 pepperoni package
2-4 ounces parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Freshly torn basil for topping
1.Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Boil water for the angel hair pasta. Locate a 9×13 baking dish for the olive oil mixture.
2. Pour olive oil into baking dish so that it covers the entire bottom of the pan. Be careful not to add too much oil, just enough to cover the entire bottom of the dish. Add the basil, parsley, dill, crushed red pepper, salt, and pepper to the oil.
3. Next, add about half of the cooked angel hair to the oil, and mix with the olive oil. If the angel hair appears to be too dry, add a just little more olive oil. If the angel hair appears to be too oily, add the remaining pasta and continue to mix in with the olive oil.
4. After that, add half of your mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, sun-dried tomatoes (without the oil from the jar), and olives and continue to stir all together.
5. Then, add your slices of red pepper to the top, and whah-la -you have completed your red bell pepper pasta dish! Top the remaining mozzarella cheese and a few more pepperoni pieces to your liking, and pop that pan into the oven for 50 minutes. Remove from the oven and garnish with more basil and parmesan cheese!
* **Be care to avoid over cooking the dish. You may want to cover with foil, so the pasta resting in the corners of the pan, does not become dry and hard. Enjoy!