Back to the basics and in the kitchen to create a simple homemade strawberry and banana smoothie! This smoothie is incredibly popular and usually found on the menu at any place selling smoothies. However buying a strawberry and banana smoothie is not nearly as much fun as making one at home. All you need is an appetite, strawberries, a banana, and of course a blender!
Strawberry and banana smoothies are packed with several health benefits:
- Vitamin C promotes eye health, fights cancer, improves skin’s resilience and high blood pressure
- Antioxidants and phytochemicals may reduce inflammation of the joints
- Potassium promotes heart health
- Fiber helps to keep digestion regular and contribute to maintaining low blood sugar
- Vitamin B6 an anti-inflammatory agent that may prevent diabetes II, obesity, cardiovascular disease, and ensure the production of healthy white blood cells
There are so many different websites that share fantastic strawberry and banana smoothies recipes, but my first and absolute favorite recipe is one that includes coconut water! If you are like me and adore coconut water, make sure to buy coconut water that boast natural sweetness instead of artificial, because they’re not as good for your body. Also, be sure to refrigerate leftovers for a power packed breakfast. You never know, you might have to grab-n-go. Plus, your stomach will thank you later.
The following recipe is great for 1 serving:
5 oz fresh strawberries, stems removed
1 ripe banana
1 tablespoons sugar or honey
1/2 cup ice cubes
1/4 coconut water