In life we all have something we ought to be doing, need to be doing, and should be doing. Overwhelmed by so much that chaos breaks out and hysteria is everywhere! No but really, it’s time to regroup and rid yourself of stress and worry. I am no stranger to these instances of having a full schedule. You turn left, you turn right, not knowing what direction to go in or where to begin. Welcome to adulthood right?
Let’s make a list and get organized. I prefer a weekly list, of things to do either for a single day, the week ahead or as far out as the month ahead:
- Add an alarm to your cell phone to go off at specific time of day to serve as a reminder to do things that need to be done.
- If the cell phone alarm does not help, consider posting a “to do list” somewhere in your house, where you can see it everyday and make changes as needed.
- Make a priority to combine eating properly, rest, and exercise as part of your daily routine. For example, if I am mentally relaxed and clear headed, I am more likely to remain productive, energized, and focused through out the day.
- Keep tasks in order of priority and set blocks of time to complete daily tasks.
- Stay away from television and any other distractions.
- Perseverance is crucial when you are juggling multiple important tasks all at once. Remember you complete more when you keep striving, otherwise nothing gets done.
If your heart is in it then results are not far behind. These are just a few words of wisdom that I have learned in recent years that I wanted to share. So, what’s your plan? What inspires you to get up and do something? Share your thoughts here.